Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sometimes We Need to Feng Shui The People We Are With.

 

Just last month, my Chinese Feng Shui consultant, lets call him Master Yen, reminded me again not to wear certain colors, for it takes away luck in me. 

 

I know some of you probably will tell me that I am nuts for believing in Feng Shui. Well, you’re probably no different than I am. I’m sure that sometime in your life you probably opened the newspaper and went to the Horoscope page. Despite all our beliefs, I’m sure in one way or another you went to look for things that would contribute in making yourself better, whether that is a book or people who will support you towards the path you want to take. There’s nothing wrong using these tools, provided we don’t rely EVERYTHING we do on it. 

 

If you will look it up on Wikepedia, Feng Shui is believed to help one improve life by receiving positive qi. It is actually a system of geomancy using the laws of Chinese astronomy. It covers 3,500+ years ago before the invention of magnetic compass. Often, it is used to orient buildings in an auspicious manner.

 

I have always believed it is only proper that I invest on anything that would align my life towards what I intend to happen with it. My Feng Shui consultant does not only give me insights on the proper orientation of my house but as well how I properly use what is auspicious for me when it comes to colors that enhances positive aura.

 

Don’t get me wrong. I don't rely my life with Feng Shui yet, I believe that once a year consultation is enough to set my year in the right perspective. I have always believed that anything that would support my intention, I am for it. Even Master Yen would say that a lot of people will depend their luck on Feng Shui or even on things, which is totally crazy. I, for one, I don't believe in getting anything without putting time and effort. Even before I went to consult, I already believe I am lucky. We all are. I just want to know what else can I do more to make use of the luck that I have in me. That's exactly what Master Yen also told me. We are already born lucky, we just have to find out what enhances it more and leverage on it.

 

As I was listening to him, reminding me again of the auspicious colors for me,  I kind of realized how important it is for Feng Shui to align our lives to what is positive.  I get to realize then, our environment doesn't just include things, it also includes people. So this is precisely the reason why it is also important that we also “Feng Shui” the people that we are always with. Are they negative people, people who always complain? People who needs our attention all the time? 

 

In fact, true enough, the people around us, impacts us. They can affect our thoughts, emotions and actions. I could remember when my parents decided to transfer us to another place away from an environment in which drugs and prostitution was the only way to get a living. My parents were setting the best intentions for us and that’s why they chose to transfer us in a place that would align in what they plan for our future.

 

I've lost a lot of people in my life. However, I did not regret it. For one, I gained the right people who will support me in the path I have chosen. I have lost some however I also gained a lot. It's difficult, to let go of people whom we know is taking a lot of energy from us, making us feel worse and not good about ourselves. Yet if we really commit to the life we want, I'm sure we will attract the right people who will be with us. 

 

So it is not just important that we Feng Shui our environment, our environment consists as well of people we are always with. If you can't see yourself leaving those friends or people who really just drain you and takes away a lot of energy from you, start having a conversation with them and tell them how their behavior is affecting you and that your relationship with them is important to you that’s why you’re having this conversation with them to make it work. If talking does not work, then you need to make a choice.

 

Ultimately, as Voltaire said, we need to take care of our garden. Their are some in our garden that we need to weed out, there are some we need to talk to and there are some we need to nurture. I believe we all have the right to have the best life, so it is only vital that we choose the kind of people we are always with.

 

 

No comments: