Thursday, December 29, 2011

Who Surrounds You?

"You are the average of five people closest to you"~Jim Rohn

 

Just last month, my Chinese Feng Shui consultant, lets call him Master Yen, after giving me an overview of my year for the coming 2012, reminded me again not to wear certain colors which are inauspicious for me.

 

I know some of you probably will tell me that I am nuts for believing in Feng Shui. Well, you’re probably no different than I am. I’m sure that sometime in your life you probably opened the newspaper and went to the Horoscope page. Perhaps checking out if its a good or bad day for you or what other possible great things might happen to you.

 

Despite all our beliefs, I’m sure in one way or another you went to look for things that would contribute in making yourself better, whether its a book or people who will support you towards what you intend to happen in your life. There’s nothing wrong using these tools, provided we don’t rely EVERYTHING we do in it.

 

If you will look it up on Wikipedia, Feng Shui is believed to help improve one's life by receiving positive qi. It started 3,500+ years ago even before the invention of magnetic compass. Often, it is used to orient buildings in an auspicious manner. Many including famous people of today are using this ancient science at home as well as at work to improve all of aspects of life, from health to relationships to finances. A lot of business people, Bill Gates, Richard Branson and even Donald Trump, have admitted to have consulted with a Feng Shui master before putting up some of his buildings specifically Trump Tower. 

 

I have always believed that it only makes sense that I invest on anything that would align my life towards what I intend to make with it. Don’t get me wrong. I don't rely my life on Feng Shui yet, I believe that once a year consultation is enough to set my year in the right perspective and to have my life work and not against nature. Even Donald Trump said, "I don't have to believe in Feng Shui. I do it because it makes me money".

 

Even Master Yen would say that a lot of people tend to depend their luck on Feng Shui or even on things, which is totally crazy. Even before I went to consult, I already believe I am lucky. We all are. I just want to know what else can I do more to make use of the luck that I have in me. That's exactly what Master Yen also told me. We are already born lucky, we just have to find out what enhances it more and leverage on it.

 

As I was listening to him, reminding me again of the auspicious colors for me, I kind of realized how important it is for Feng Shui to align our lives to what is positive and be aware or careful of our environment.  I get to realize then, our environment doesn't just include things, it also includes people. So this is precisely the reason why it is also important that we also somehow “Feng Shui” the people that we are always with. Are they negative people, people who always complain? People who needs and demands our attention all the time? Are they passionate? Do they inspire you? If your answer is no, then its time to find new friends.

 

In fact, true enough, the people around us, impacts us. They can affect our thoughts, emotions and actions. I could remember when my parents decided to transfer us to another place away from an environment in which drugs and prostitution was the only way to get a living. My parents were setting the best intentions for us and that’s why they chose to transfer us in a place that would align with the best future they planned for us.

 

I've lost a lot of people in my life. However, I did not regret it. For one, I have found the right people who will support me in the path I have chosen. I have lost some, however I also gained a lot. It's difficult to let go of people whom we know takes a lot of energy from us, making us feel worse and not good about ourselves. Yet, if we really commit to the life we want, I'm sure we will attract the right people in our lives.

 

So, it is not just important that we Feng Shui our environment, our environment consists as well of people we are always with. If you can't see yourself leaving those friends or people who really just drain you and takes away a lot of energy from you, start having a conversation with them and tell them how their behavior is affecting you. If having a conversation with them doesn't work, then you need to simply make a choice. 

 

Ultimately, as Voltaire said, we need to take care of our garden.There are some in our garden that we need to weed out, there are some we still need to talk to and there are some we must nurture. Sometimes in fact we need to create our own garden if the garden we are in, no longer contributes to our growth and success. 

 

We all have the right to have the best life and so it is only vital that we choose the kind of people we are always with. Choose wisely.

 

Friendship

 

 

No comments: